Infrequently updated blog!

Things Calum may be responsible for

Update!

Sunday 22 April 2007

Whoops, I kinda let this stagnate. In any case, since I last posted I was made redundant from my old job; nothing I did wrong, just not enough work coming into the company. Unfortunately this means I've had to abandon the projects mentioned in the last post, as they were all PDA-based, and I no longer have access to a PDA. Furthermore I've switch to using the recently-released (and excellent) Feisty Fawn (7.04) release of Ubuntu, which has the knock-on effect of meaning I no longer have access to the development tools for that environment. What I've been doing in place of that is doing some work porting Shaim so that it works with the open-source implementation of .NET, Mono. Although I've had success getting the back-end to work, I need to write an entirely new front end, as the current one is written in Microsoft's super-flashy next generation UI library WPF, which is unlikely to work with Mono any time soon. Most of my personal projects have been put on the back-burner while looking for a job, though, and although I've found one now, I'm away on holiday for a week before starting. Hopefully I'll be back into the swing of these systems before long, though.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home